Thursday, May 1, 2014

Business Ownership and Bankruptcy.



Owning a Business While Filing For Bankruptcy? 

                                        
          As a business owner myself, I have a special fondness for entrepreneurs who come to discuss financial workout plans.   No two cases are identical, but in almost every situation, I find myself explaining the difference between protecting the business and protecting the owner’s personal assets.   And most times, it is the personal assets that win out.
           My firm represents complex and small businesses in Chapter 11 reorganizations, but we also represent small business owners who are merely trying to protect their personal assets from the creditors of the business.   We can explain the options and help the business owner prioritize what is most important to them, and apply the law to achieve the desired result.

No comments:

Post a Comment